Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely, winding road at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river too deep to wade through and too dangerous to swim across. However, there brothers were learned in the magical arts, and so they simply waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water. They were halfway across it when they found their path blocked by a hooded figure.
And death spoke to them. He was angry that he had been cheated out of three new victims, for travelers usually drowned in the river. But Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers upon their magic, and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- 1st and 3rd laws of motion can be derived from 2nd law of motion.
- Rocket is based on law of conservation of linear momentum
- Aeroplanes are based on Bernoulli's theorem.
- Swimming, walking are based on Newton's 3rd law.
- Kepler's second law of planetary motion is based on law of conservation of angular momentum.
- Raindrops and mercury drops are spherical. This is explained by surface tension.
- Bernoulli's theorem is based on law of conservation of energy.
- Atomisers, scent sprays are based on Bernoulli's theorem.